Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refers to the organisation “Mistdancer”. Its data controller is Christine Cleere.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically.
Personal information we collect
Information you have provided us with.
This will include your name and email address. It may also include in certain instances your home or work address, telephone number (home and mobile), medical conditions, dietary requirements and details of any events or workshops you have attended or enquired about or list other ways in which you may have worked with us.
Information automatically collected
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your purchase history (if there is any) etc, any workshops you have taken part in with us, payment method and registration date.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How we use your personal information
We lawfully use your personal information on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent in order to:
- Identify you
- provide our service to you. This includes for example; providing you with information about other workshops and gatherings. Communicating with you in relation to those events and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
Data retention period
We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent, or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information:
We only share your personal information with trusted third parties to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
We do not re
Email newsletter & marketing messages
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third-party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- Email address
- Subscription time & date
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
We will handle access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We do our very best to keep your personal information safe. We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. However, we cannot fully guarantee the security of information; in the unlikely event of a breach we promise to notify the required authorities. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breach occur.
Please use this link to contact Christine Cleere for any further information.
Resources & further information
Privacy Notice Policy v.1.0 May 2018